Risky Stories August 31, 2009Posted by Roger Rickard in Uncategorized.
Tags: crisis, enviromental risk, medical risk, risk, risk management, security
add a comment
I am collecting information for a new project about risk management or crisis situations at your meetings, incentives, conference or events. Here is a brief overview:
Have you ever had a risk issue at one of your meetings, incentives or events? Risk is defined as the effect, positive or negative, of an incident. Have you ever thought about what if… this or that happens? Really, what keeps you awake at night?
Here is where you come in. If you have a story you can share (see the fine print below) of a risky condition or had to come face to face with a crisis or emergency while attending or managing a meeting, incentive or event – I would like to hear from you. I want to now what happened as well as how it was handled. Here are some examples of the kind of situations I am looking for:
- Have you ever had any medical risk or emergencies? i.e. Food poisoning, disease, death, or accidents, etc.
- Have you ever had an environmental risk or emergency? i.e. tornado, hurricane, earthquake, extreme heat or cold, etc.
- Have you ever had any crime or safety risks or emergencies? i.e. riots, protests, terrorism, fire, etc.
- Have you ever had any security risks or emergencies? i.e. personal or property protection, non-invited guests, cyber theft, etc.
- Here are a few more examples; communications failure, spying, media scrutiny or public opinion.
Your experiences are priceless and may help many others deal with rick and crisis management.
Fine print: I have the right to eliminate individual names, destinations, and organizations to protect other parties. There is no guarantee of inclusion. By sending the story, you acknowledge that you have the right to share it and you’re giving me permission to use it.
DEADLINE: Midnight, September 11, 2009. Don’t miss it!